Fringer + Nikon AF-S 500mm f5.6 PF anybody got experience?

Started Aug 13, 2021 | Questions thread
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 3,010
Re: Shutter Shock

Morris0 wrote:

LarsPolarBear wrote:

And-roid wrote:

LarsPolarBear wrote:

With a heavy heart I sold my X-S10, I can't prove it but I feel shutter-shock might be an issue with the mechanical shutter, whilst it should only impact slower shutter speeds, ultimately I think x-t3/x-t4 had better pixel sharpness. Before you invest in such an expensive lens I'd try a different body?

Thank you And-roid,

I had been thinking about shutter shock and will be testing it in the near future, since it normally only appears within a certain shutter range. I will try to shoot something with the range of 1/60 s to 1/2000 s, it should not be an issue at the higher speeds above 1/125s, normally… we will see…

However, just checked with my camera store here in Singapore, seems getting this lens is rather difficult, since it is constantly sold out… 😳

Well, anyway, thanks fir your comment.

Lars

Almost everyone that owns one got an a waiting list

Morris

Grey market always available and in stock!

https://www.wowcamera.com/Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-500mm-f56E-PF-ED-VR_p_3703.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw3_KIBhA2EiwAaAAliiN5BiN_pL0Ezhg38fc8qvUu1q4Xfd4I-IL-n6GCqIQzy-Mk0LmOfBoC1ZwQAvD_BwE

And-roid's gear list:And-roid's gear list
Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 18-120mm F4 LM PZ WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow