D7500 lens upgrade suggestions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
TAGooty
TAGooty Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: D7500 lens upgrade suggestions

Mike Porter wrote:

Hello,

New to Nikon, went to the dark side after 35 years with C. Picked up a barely used D7500 with the 18-140 and 35mm DX. I shoot a variety of things from portraits, landscapes, and animals. Love the 35 mm, the kit lens is good, but I want better. Thinking of finding a used 18-60mm. Maybe a 70-300 to go along with it. Also, have considered a used 200-500mm. Thinking I want to stay with Nikon branded lenses. What do you think I should look at? TIA.

Mike.

Depends on your intended uses and budget!  After some initial lens purchases, I've settled on a Nikkor 18-300mm for most uses with my D7200.  It is only a little heavier than the 18-140.  For birds and animals, the Nikkor 200-500mm is an excellent choice.  It is relatively inexpensive, and is sufficiently light that I can handhold the D7200 with this lens.

For macro, I used the Nikkor 40mm for many years.  Very light and compact, very good image quality.  Now, I have a Tamron 90mm.  Gives outstanding crispness and bokeh, while the longer focal length puts a greater distance between the lens and the subject.

Hope this helps!

-- hide signature --

TAG

TAGooty's gear list:TAGooty's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Nikon D7200 Sony a7C Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow