57even wrote:

Donald B wrote:

57even wrote:

J A C S wrote:

57even wrote:

J A C S wrote:

57even wrote:

Gato Amarillo wrote:

M43 has been my primary system for more than 10 years now. Over that time I have bought -- and sold -- three full-frame systems.

Yes, I see a difference in image quality, but only at high magnification on screen. In a print on the wall the difference is negligible, usually invisible. And of course it makes zero difference for web use, which is about 99% of what I and my clients are doing.

Against that tiny difference in quality the size, weight, and price of premium full-frame lenses is truly daunting. And with less than top quality lenses the advantage of FF is even less.

In each case I used the FF for two or three months. Then it sat in the closet for a few more months before it went back to ebay. Lest anyone think I'm rich, I bought used and shopped hard -- so I got most of my money back, even came out ahead on some of the lenses.

If you're curious, the FF cameras were Sony A99, Nikon D800, and Sony A7r.

Gato

Yeah, I had a D700, D600 and D800 in that order. I just found I kept using my Xpro1 and then Xpro2 instead and eventually gave up and sold the lot. Seldom missed it. It was always such a lot of weight to haul around.

As you say, noone can tell in a print 99% of the time, at least not at A2 (23/15.6")

I can.

That's nice, dear.

It is about the forest, darling, not necessarily about the trees.

It's about the final print, not the pixels.

larger sensor = better out of camera image (and video)

Don

When people look at your images, they will neither notice nor care, as long as it's an interesting image.

Just been sailing in the Whitsundays and took both the a6300 and the a7r2 .my daughter commented how beautiful some of the images looked , guess what they were taken with

the a6300 did a good job too , but dont kid yourself they you cant see a noticeable. difference.

Don

The people that take photographs themselves will notice a difference, but I doubt that the vast majority (not all) would notice a difference without being asked to compare closely. Even then they are unlikely to know what they are looking for...

Ever wondered why wedding and sports photographers prefer FF ? its the "look"

Don

No... You weren't referring to photographers and neither was I...

-- hide signature --

“A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know.”
- Diane Arbus

Hoxton Bridge's gear list:Hoxton Bridge's gear list
Leica M10 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow