Fuji XT2: Read Error for most recently taken photos only?

Started May 15, 2018 | Questions thread
David Mintzer Contributing Member • Posts: 829
Re: Fuji XT2: Read Error for most recently taken photos only?

shronlegacy wrote:

Hello, I recently started using the Fuji XT2. I've been taking photos for about a month now and everything was fine until a few days ago. I took a few new photos and when I tried to view them, I got the card "Read Error' display. However, if I scroll back some more, all the previous photos still show. So only the newly taken photos are not showing.

- I tried a different SD card and was able to take new photos and view them.

- I do all the deleting within the camera, so I haven't deleted/re-organized anything on the SD card on a laptop.

After searching through other threads, I think the SD card is the issue and not the camera. However, I haven't seen any posts about only NEW photos not displaying. Even if I do the card reformat, not sure how to prevent this issue from happening again? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Good rule of thumb---delete your files on the computer not in the camera.  Lots of problems.

David Mintzer's gear list:David Mintzer's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow