Topaz running SLOW on new laptop

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
brick33308
OP brick33308 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,184
Re: Topaz running SLOW on new laptop

Adam2 wrote:

brick33308 wrote:

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 Professional with 64G RAM and NVidea Quadropro T2000. Specs are WAY BETTER than my prior laptop with an older Nvidea card and only 16G RAM. And yet I just tried running Sharpen AI on the new laptop and after 5 minutes it's still only half way through processing the image. The old laptop would have processed the image in under a minute.

What settings do I need to change on my Nvidea card through the Nvidea panel? And FYI there's also an Intel UHD Graphics adapter showing in my Device Manager. Do I need to somehow disable it so that Sharpen AI and the other Topaz Ai products can use the better graphics card? Hope you can help!!!

Now that you’ve enabled Topaz to use the gpu instead of the cpu, you need to change the settings in windows/NVIDIA to ensure that you’re using the “highest performance” modes.

I looked at the NVIDEA control panel and don't see an option for "highest performance". Instead the only mention of high performance is choosing my NIVIDIEA card over the CPU. Is that what you're referring to?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow