Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,224
Re: I partially agree but there is more

John_A_G wrote:

flektogon wrote:

Don Kiyoti wrote:

By now, there's very little interest in this camera outside of Pentax circles. I just don't think DPReview feels it's worth their time & effort.

Yes, you are absolutely correct! Pentax fans will buy this camera regardless how negative (potentially) such a review would sound, because there is no other Pentax body available. Non Pentax fans will never buy any Pentax body regardless how positive (potentially) such a review would sound, because they have other available bodies/lenses. So, why DPReview should bother?

How much market share does Pentax have? Canon, Sony, Nikon, etc are going to be a higher priority because more people are interested in them. And, in the overall market this camera is evolutionary, not revolutionary. That, I believe, is the primary reason.

But, you're also on to something as well. The Pentax faithful will blast every negative comment made about the camera. Just look at any review someone has linked to - there are those faithful that jump out and attack the reviewer.

So, now you're DPR - you get income based on add clicks. So, you're going to publish a review less people will read and thus click on adds and you're going to get endless grief for anything perceived by the faithful as suggesting the camera isn't the greatest invention of our time.

I think if the faithful who always slam these reviewers had to write reviews of non Pentax gear and get slammed by others for their reviews, they'd be less keen on doing it.

Only if reviewers accept to make cameras then to get slammed by buyers and reviewers, to see if they're still keen on doing it in their reviews.

Especially, when it makes more business sense to review cameras more of the market is interested in anyway.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow