Photoshop brush opacity

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Raghu R Senior Member • Posts: 1,344
Re: Photoshop brush opacity

Once you select the % of opacity for a brush then for a particular stroke the opacity does not change, so i think without disconnecting the stroke is the only way  not to alter the opacity, in other words if you disconnect the stroke and paint it over the same area again then the % of opacity increases.

Henry Richardson wrote:

Although I have had versions of Photoshop for many years I don't use it much. I do almost all I need to do in Lightroom. I have the current version of both programs on Win10.

Sometimes I use PS though and something I can't figure out how to do regards brush opacity. I can change it from the default 100% to something else such as 50%. When I do that if I overlap something that I already had brushed over then that overlap area changes from 50% opacity to a higher %.

Of course, I realize that in some situations it is very useful to build up opacity by brushing over a previously brushed area. But, in my case I don't want overlapped areas to do that. If I want 50% then I want that area to all be 50% and not have bands of overlap that are higher %. I figure there must be a way to change the PS behavior, but I have searched on the internet and can't find a way.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

-- hide signature --

'The Photographer reveals the light;the light reveals the picture'--C.Rajagopal.
A picture should communicate with our heart.
Efzee-50 & Foojee F 31fd---Polaroid X-530
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1314/963380256_5f4284b2ce_o.gif

Raghu R's gear list:Raghu R's gear list
Pentax K-x Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-1 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow