When will Olympus release a new Camera developed entirely by OMDS?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 2,068
Re: When will Olympus release a new Camera developed entirely by OMDS?

cba_melbourne wrote:

tetsumo wrote:

thanks for your answer, I´m currently shooting with Sony and Canon full frame and APS-C and I will like to shoot Olympus sometime in the future, but my last test of an Olympus Pen F with a Zuiko 25mm f1.8, the noise was quite bad at ISO 800 already, thats why I think that sensor is super old, if it was launched in 2016 it was tech from 2014 or so, so is quite ancient for sensor tech.

The Pen-F was, if I remember well, the first Olympus camera (or was it even the first m43 camera?) with a 20MP sensor in early 2016. The EM1.2 only came 10 months later. The Pen-F sensor does not have pdaf, and has a slower frame rate, but regarding noise there is no difference to the very latest m43 sensors used today. The sensor tech has not changed, and is still what is used today in all m43 cameras. What has changed is the image processors in the cameras.

I think the GX8 (Jul 2015) was announced before the Pen-F.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow