Capture One - latest update

Started Jul 19, 2021 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 14,545
Re: Capture One - latest update

EtherialOne wrote:

Personally I'm not one to upgrade every time a new release comes out, or one to Subscribe and be Gouged monthly.

I think really it depends on your intended use and frequency of use.

Since I'm not a "Professional" and using it to make money where anything that can streamline or improve the process equates to $$$, and like many other amateur Shutterbugs there are times when I'm heavily using it and other times when I'm pursuing other Hobbies etc. Spending the money for the latest and greatest just doesn't make sense or paying a monthly bill when some months I won't use the product.

That's one thing that perplexes me about some companies who are doing everything to force people into subscriptions. It may be good for the short term bottom line, but they are losing a good bit of revenue

from people like me who will buy software and upgrade when needed or enough benefit exists to do so... To me I'm thinking that part a part of the "Why" also has to do with Having to ADD ENOUGH VALUE to their products to entice people to purchase the upgrade vs. people being basically blackmailed

because if they drop their subscription they lose all of their past efforts or at least access to it.

4.  Congratulations, you've hit the quadfecta!

Maybe that's the wrong thought process,

Ya think?

but for me at least while I don't mind paying for a quality product

If I can't own a copy for long term use then it's an automatic No-Go.

28 items on your gear list but you won't spring for the difference between the software you're using now and 10 bucks a month for the best?

Reilly Diefenbach's gear list:Reilly Diefenbach's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow