Fringer + Nikon AF-S 500mm f5.6 PF anybody got experience?

Started Aug 13, 2021 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LarsPolarBear
LarsPolarBear Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Fringer + Nikon AF-S 500mm f5.6 PF anybody got experience?

Dear Forum Members,

The other day I had a “frustrating” encounter with a fellow wildlife photographer.  We were waiting for a bird to show up and got into talking, she then showed me some of her photos, and it became very fast clear to me, that her gear was significantly superior regarding sharpness than my Fuji 100-400mm (I was aware before that the Fuji was not the best in the market, but the difference here was quite significant).  Turns out that she was shooting a Nikon D500 with the AF-S 500mm f5.6 PF lens.  I have had the D500 on my list of interesting cameras when I got the X-S10, but ruled it out due to size, weight and being a DSLR.

Now, my question, does anyone have experience with a smart adapter (e.g. all functions incl. AF as normal) and the Nikon 500mm f5.6 PF.  While I am interested in general shooting ability and results, I am also especially interested in the AF performance as well as stabilization.  I guess it doesn’t work in conjunction with the IBIS, but how good is the IS system of the lens alone (IBIS alone is probably worse that lens IS alone).  How is your experience regarding sharpness and handling of the lens, especially handheld.

Anything else worth while mentioning would be  appreciated.

Thanks a lit for your help!!!

Lars

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow