Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
PentUp Senior Member • Posts: 2,701
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Jon Donahue wrote:

The larger question, Pentax aside, is whether there is any significant future market for cameras other than those in cell phones. Who will buy them once the 60+ age group passes on?

Yes, there is a huge market for system cameras. You can start thinking sports, wildlife and camera interested amateurs. The latter are not only 60+.

It is compact cameras that have problems with phones. Why buy a cheap compact camera when you already have a camera in your phone.

Note though that the camera phones we are interested in are the ones with three or four camera modules for super wide, tele and zoom stuff. Very expensive phones. Most people just get a cheaper phone with a simple camera. And that simple camera is just wide angle. Not all that useful sometimes.

My phone is just that .. a phone, that can also take photos, check and send email, surf the web, and stuff... I know that life will be complete when my DSLR can make phone calls!

Come on Pentax, hurry up with the Pentax DSLR phone... just as soon as you're finished working on my 55-550mm lens

PentUp's gear list:PentUp's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Mark III +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow