just got a new r, have a couple of questions

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Dan W Senior Member • Posts: 1,017
Re: just got a new r, have a couple of questions

Not sure about that lens but most newer lenses from Canon are firmware upgradable while mounted to the body. What body do you use? Can you go to the firmware update in the menu and does it show your lens firmware version on your new R? If your go to Canon's website and find that lens, there should be a software tab and firmware latest and greatest.

You just unzip the file and put the firmware in the root directory of your shooting card. Put it back in your camera, click on the Firmware update tab in the menu and it will show you what is installed and ask you if you want to update to the newer version.

I don't know this to be fact but it really just sounds like a firmware issue...

Personally, I would buy a SD card reader if your computer doesn't have a SD slot. I wouldn't want to plug in my camera every time I offload my card. I have an iMac that has a SD card slot in the back of the computer, not the best place for it in my office as its against a wall. So I have a dedicated reader that I keep plugged in and sits just below the monitor.

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow