Xrite Color Profiles ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,785
Re: Xrite Color Profiles ?

Dave_J_E wrote:

Lbs26 wrote:

I can easy correct that red hue with Adobe DNG profile editor,just editing the existing profile created by Xrite,but this is not the right way to go...i will try tomorrow couple of different exposure and be sure to no clip any color patch.

This is not necessarily a bad thing to do. The DNG spec allows for the inclusion of a Hue Saturation Value mapping lookup table in a DNG profile which is presumably what the DNG Profile editor works on. It's all part of the plan to enhance the results from a simple matrix solution.

Dave

I believe this is one of the flaws with using X-Rite's software - it only generates matrix profiles.

dcamprof/lumariver does support the HueSatMap.

Of course there are valid arguments that using that feature is much more prone to mistakes/errors unless you have a controlled lab setup.

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow