Xrite Color Profiles ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Lbs26
OP Lbs26 Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Xrite Color Profiles ?

SigZero wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

Lbs26 wrote:

Hello !I've bought today a Xrite Color Checker Passport,i wanted to create my own custom profiles using the Xrite ''ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software''.

I made 1 Daylight profile and 1 Daylight Shade profile,they work fantastic !

Now the question is...should i make 1 night and 1 blue hour profile to cover almost every scenario ?I am talking mainly for landscape photography...i know that i have to create also Tungsten,Fluorescent light...but mainly i take pictures of nature,so Sunrise,Sunset,Daylight,Blue hour and Night.

Good profile and exact colour balance kill the light. That's good for reproduction and documenting experiments, for forensics, but not necessarily good for art.

If you want to preserve the perception of colour of the blue hour, consider an option not to neutralize it fully.

Xrite software creates profiles which are more reproduction ones than general use - I never liked colors comming out of them in classical landscape photography.

I've found that Lumariver (which is GUI for free dcamprof) created much more natural profiles out of colorchecker targets. Probably due to nice-for-human-eye color shifts.

Br, Pawel.

-
My photo-blog: http://pawel.online

So i can create the same color profile but using Lumariver ?I ask because i bought Xrite passport since couple of days,and i am not well familiar with all details.

Lbs26's gear list:Lbs26's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow