just got a new r, have a couple of questions

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
drsnoopy Regular Member • Posts: 383
Re: just got a new r, have a couple of questions

simonharris wrote:

Hi All,

Just picked up my new R and have a couple of questions I hope some kind person can help me with.

1. How do you attach the camera to the computer to download images considering it doesnt come with a usb lead that will plug into a normal sized USB port on the windows PC I use? I am in Australia so maybe Canon short changed us ?

2. How quick is it to down load images by wi fi or Bluetooth? If its quicker with a cable

I will use a cable, providing I can get one.

3. I use l series EF lenses and I tried each one on the camera which was fine except my 50mm wasn't recognised by the camera.... what gives? I checked the lens on one of my other bodies and its working fine. Is this a known issue?

I would be grateful if someone could help me with any of these queries.

Kind Regards,

Simon.

You need a usb-c to usb-a cable, these are cheap and can be bought in most hardware or supermarket stores, in the mobile phone section.  You may already have one if you own a recent android phone or tablet, or a GoPro camera. 
Or just use an SD card reader, many laptops and most desktops have a card reader.  If not, get an external one.

I assume you mean a Canon 50mm EF lens? Should be fine, all my EF L and non-L lenses work perfectly with the adapter on the R, including 50/1.8 and 50/1.4.  Check the contacts on the lens are clean (give a gentle wipe with a lens cleaner or alcohol swab, or use an eraser). If this doesn’t resolve it, it sounds as if there is a problem with the lens. Also check you have rotated it all the way until it clicks solidly into place.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow