Review K3 mark lll?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,222
Re: I expect they will not

Don Kiyoti wrote:

Photoeer wrote:

Any evidence of this besides your opinion? Giving that opinion the benefit of the doubt that the camera is only attractive to Pentax owners is that bad?

My thought is that the top line market goal of this camera is to stem the defection from the Pentax brand; second to entice old Pentax owners back. Building new market share is likely a far third I suspect.
New market share will come, or not, as Pentax develops its vision of a dslr for the future.

Did I claim to know for a fact that they won't review the camera? No? Then it's my opinion.
Would you disagree that DPReview focuses on what the majority of their audience is interested in? (It's not Pentax.)

They did add studio scene shots, a short video review, a preview article at announcement, recently sample shots for 2 limited lenses with merely new HD coatings ...

So yes I would disagree, there are facts showing that DPR still has some interest in Pentax products, and they do their review job.

About the audience: how do you know what the audience is interested in ? (not the same thing as interested in buying).

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow