Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 2,724
Re: I expect they will not

flektogon wrote:

Yes, you are absolutely correct! Pentax fans will buy this camera regardless how negative (potentially) such a review would sound, because there is no other Pentax body available.

First, there are other Pentax bodies available.: the K-1 and K-70, and some sellers still have KPs in stock. And you always say things so negatively. How about because it's the finest APSC body they've ever made, and a worthy upgrade?

And, of course the notion of "regardless how negative (potentially) such a review would sound" has to be qualified by DPR's relative lack of general credibility on the brand.

Non Pentax fans will never buy any Pentax body regardless how positive (potentially) such a review would sound, because they have other available bodies/lenses. So, why DPReview should bother?

The sunk cost of lenses is pretty much the case with any gear exchange. I'd have to restock if I changed from Pentax; my wife would have to restock if she changed from Sony. The issues are exactly the same.

-- hide signature --

bob5050
Happily exploring my new K-3 mark III

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow