the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Svetlov Misha Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

John Brawley wrote:

Svetlov Misha wrote:

impulse duration of the flash canon 430exII set to 1/64 is 1/10000 of a second.
it is short enough to illuminate the only one frame, isn't it? yes or no?

No.

If indeed the strobe really is that short of a duration, then the FRAME is being assembled line by line as the strobe happens to fall somewhere in the interval while this is happening.

What you don't know is the interval between each strobe AND you have no way of synchronising it to the frame cycle. So you're just looking at two cyclical events over time with no real way to correlate the two.

i do flashes manually, once per sec or so, i want to record the only one frame of the real life, the only one shortest moment of the reality. those flashes don't intersect, as you may see a flash splited in two frames - it is the same the only one moment of the reality.

i do alot such a flashes, 90 times i press flash button too far from each other to NOT intersect them and record the movie clip of it - That's the whole point of the experiment: to record separated ultra-short flashes, so short so it should be recorded in the only one single frame: the one flash = the one frame.
as you may see, 120p1/120 records such a flashes perfectly

and as you may see - there are NO any line-by-line sensor scans, all the every single surface of the frame frame been recorded simultaneously.

Svetlov Misha's gear list:Svetlov Misha's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow