the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Svetlov Misha Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

impulse duration of the flash canon 430exII set to 1/64 is 1/10000 of a second.
it is short enough to illuminate the only one frame, isn't it? yes or no?
isn't it much shorter than shutter speed i choose? 1/30 or 1/60 or 1/120?

so, what is the phenomenon about NOT registering those flash on double_ruled_shutter speeds? i set equal fps/shutter speed = flash recorded, set double shutter speed - miserable part of the flash is registered, why?

is the reason of it in line-by-line sensor scan? is it not fast enough lining? but i may set shutter speed even shorter 1/120 with 120p and the flash will be perfectly recorded.
why shutter speed much shorter registers those single flash much better?

my assumption of the experiment is that the camera does not record information correctly, economizes, cheats. it's not about inter-frame compression, I used a camera with ALL-I compression and the frames got exactly the same. my assumption is that the camera does not write individual frames fully for some reason

ps. about the evidence strong or not...

first.. could anyone assume the evidence why i should to use those 180 film camera rule for digital camera, plz, no blablabla, just facts.

second... flesh is weak... nobody wants to admit their mistakes. digital cameras has nothing common with film ones but every single one bloggers must to claim: USE THOSE 180 FILM CAMERA RULE! ask them - why should i? what will they answer? - its historical, just shut up and obey

Svetlov Misha's gear list:Svetlov Misha's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow