Duracell NPW-126s

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
BillCPA Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: Duracell NPW-126s

nonicks wrote:

BillCPA wrote:

I've been replacing some of my older Wasabi and Watson batteries with the recently released Nitecore batteries and have been very pleased. In initial testing I got over 700 photos before I swapped it out. https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-NC-BP004-Battery-for-Fujifilm-NP-W126S-p/bat-nite-nc-bp004.htm

I am interested in getting the nitecore battery for my X-pro cameras well.

What is your thought about the nitecore vs. Fujifilm battery? I can never get 700 pictures out of a Fujifilm NP-W126s. Do you use a lot of burst or OVF only? Even using OVF only on my Xpro3, I couldnt get that many shots out of 1 charge.

My initial testing of the Nitecore battery was to go to a local Heron Rookery and shoot in Burst mode (mostly 5 frames per second) ... and did a lot of 'chimping' ... after taking several hundred there I went to a local old train station ... took a lot more ... battery was still going!  I actually ended up switching to shooting jpg and just shooting the ground ... just to see how many shots I could get.  I actually didn't run out of power with it ... I have a good 'cache' of batteries and I don't let a battery run down to no power.  Depending on what I'm photographing, I'll also use a battery grip.  Realize this was a very un-scientific test and most of the time when I go out to photograph just for myself I'm not usually shooting hundreds of shots.  This Thursday evening, however, I'm photographing a several hour event in which I'll be using 2 cameras, and will I'm sure take several hundred photos.  I prefer to switch batteries when I see level dropping below 1/2.  I use the Nitecore FX1 charger (dual charger) with the Nitecore batteries ...

BillCPA's gear list:BillCPA's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow