Xrite Color Profiles ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ggbutcher
ggbutcher Senior Member • Posts: 1,344
Re: Xrite Color Profiles ?

Lbs26 wrote:

I found that Canon's Auto White Balance with Ambience priority works amazingly good for almost every situation,also is great for sunset and sunrise,i found it pretty accurate and easy to use in combination with Xrite.

Probably need to disclose, with all I wrote in the above post, I use my Nikon cameras' auto-determined white balance just about all the time.  Works fine for most sun-illuminated scenes, I've found. From that, I sometimes have to alter whitebalance for sky-lit scenes, a bit bluish, in accordance with the color temperature shift of the light.

Keep in mind, white balance and color conversion (camera -> sRGB, or whatever) are two distinct operations.  Your X-Rite profiles support the latter, and making a separate shade profile doesn't really help the color shift you see as much as working out the correct white balance for how the scene was illuminated.

ggbutcher's gear list:ggbutcher's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D7000 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow