LCD Screen

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Pants McLee Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: LCD Screen

dv9973 wrote:

I don't see this on my camera.
Maybe there is a specific problem with your GR, but your demonstration is not correct and not convincing.
How can I know from your clip if the source of noise is not your smartphone or low light.

Yes, I freely admit my demonstration it not scientifically rigorous. It is "correct" in as far as it illustrates what I see with my eyes. (To be clear: I noticed the issue, then shot the video, not the other way around.) I'm not sure I can help with the "convincing" part; I guess it's possible some people have a lot of time on their hands and post fake stuff to camera forums, but, I'm a middle-aged teacher who loves photography and hates drama, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The video was shot indoors in the evening, so it is low light - but I think you can see from the edge of the frame, where my right thumb is visible, that the noisiness appears only on the Ricoh screen - otherwise my thumb would be equally noisy.

Tungsten Nordstein was exactly right that the noise happens as the camera is focusing and settles down once it has locked focus.

I'll just add that I wasn't trying to criticize the camera. I was curious that it was different from my Fuji, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue. It sounds, from the other replies, like there isn't. All good!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow