X100V vs X-T2 & 27mm

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pants McLee Junior Member • Posts: 45
X100V vs X-T2 & 27mm

So, my 27mm (ver 1) is in need of repair. It's really my go-to lens on the XT-2, and I'm getting to the point where I don't bring other lenses with me unless I'm specifically shooting portraits or landscape.

I've been thinking about X100 series for a while, for the portability, but the softer 23mm put me off for a while. (I realize the 27mm isn't considered one of Fuji's best lenses, but I have to say, mine really performed in terms of image quality.)

Because of covid, my local camera store isn't allowing any camera groping, so I'm wondering if anyone who has experience with both these cameras could weigh in on:

1) In terms of size and handling, is there a significant difference between the X100V and the X-T2 with the 27mm? Is there a benefit here or would the difference be negligible?

2) Would the X100V be a step up or down in terms of image quality? I know some people liked the atmospheric quality of the previous 23mm lens, but I lean more toward crisp, contrasty definition.

3) I wear glasses (I have terrible eyesight) and use the regular silicone eye cup on my X-T2. How comfortable is the X100V viewfinder? Is the EVF as good as the X-T2?

4) Field of view. I've tried the Ricoh GR, and I REALLY wanted to love that camera - image quality blew my mind - but the 18mm lens was just too wide for me. I'm comfortable with the 27mm - is 23mm a big adjustment?

Any other points worth considering? (Other than price, of course. :-D)

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow