D7200 problem with Lexar 64GB SD cards

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DaveG16 Regular Member • Posts: 399
Re: D7200 problem with Lexar 64GB SD cards

Going back to an earlier post: when you came inside after shooting on a hot, humid day, was it a return to an air-conditioned space?

If so, is there a chance that condensation might have occurred?

And, (further) if so, is there a chance that the contacts in the camera's SD slots might have oxidation or slight corrosion? Particularly the slot where the card was residing for a long time?

Peering down into the single slot on my new-to-me D1500, the card reader's contacts are very fine wires that look to be gold-flashed. One or two of the contacts on my month-old 64gb card have definite scratches, as though a couple of the wires are pretty aggressive.

Very fine wires, aggressively pushing into the card contacts -- it looks as though it would be relatively easy to bend or deform the wires.

It would also be relatively easy to wipe the microscopically thin gold flashing off fine wires, exposing the wire to corrosion.

If the mechanicals are ok, that suggests a software or chip issue. Depending on how many customized settings you're set up over the years, it might be worth restoring the firmware to factory defaults. I don't find any reference to a way to perform a deeper reset on Nikon bodies, such as taking an EPROM or chip reset contact to ground.

-- hide signature --

Dave G.
There are no real negatives in digital photography.

DaveG16's gear list:DaveG16's gear list
Nikon D5100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow