** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
nonicks Contributing Member • Posts: 788
Re: A not so random walk in Brooklyn

nurseMarty wrote:

These images make me homesick. Born & raised in Brooklyn. Now live on the left coast. Miss the people. What accent?

looks like you took a walk during the golden hour. Love the color of the light you captured with the brownstones.

Thank you.

I prefer the brownstones you find in Park Slope. Of course, if you walked around Park Slope you couldn’t have captured the other images on the same day.

The word has gotten out about Washington street with the Manhattan bridge framing the Empire State Building. I’ve made that image several times at different times of the day and evening. There is a reason it is a classic location.

Yup, that place was so crowded. Without a doubt, it is everyone's favorite spot for pictures.

Hate when all the tourists get in my frame. Then again, I’m a tourist and there I am.

I like the image of Jane’s carousel. I like you chose to show the carousel in motion with the blur. I would have liked to see a person, preferably a child in the frame.

I couldn't agree more. I would love to have a child or some people in the picture too. Unfortunately, the carousel was closed when I took the picture.

I’d also play with a longer shutter speed to see if more blurr was better. Maybe not.

Since it was closed, the carousel was not in motion. I used the reflection and light, and played with the clarity and levels to create a sense of motion there.

Nice series of images.

Thank you!

I want to go back to Brooklyn around the middle of September for my birthday and the San Genarro festival in little Italy.

Happy early birthday to you. I hope your wish will come true.

There are so many more places to go and variety of different looking people than Seattle offers.

NYC was made for street photographers.

No one will disagree.

Mask on Nurse Marty

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mar
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow