Suggestions for where to have Metal prints made

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jfw Contributing Member • Posts: 650
Re: Suggestions for where to have Metal prints made

Steven Wandy wrote:

My wife and I recently moved into a new home and we want to take some of the wedding photos of our children and some travel photos I took and have metal prints (prints on metal) made to hang on the walls. (We like "craft shows" and have seen many photographers use this display method. But many (most) will not "divulge" where they go to have their prints made.

Any suggestions of of which place/website to use as far as the quality of the prints? We live in the Freehold area of NJ.

I've used all of: Bay Photo, Mpix and Printique.

Mpix: good results, good software - higher in price than the other two.

Bay Photo: the most metal options by far, and good results. Their overall software set is a bit of a mess (many diff apps/ sign-ins, Bay Roes... whew, don't get me started) but, depending on what you are doing, you might be able to escape the chaos. For example, simple web-ordering of a print works pretty well.

Printique: good results, good software, more limited options than Bay Photo but, if they have what you want it doesn't matter.

I have no problems using any of the above, though I've tended to go to Printique when they have the sizes I want (less expensive than Mpix, similar cost to Bay, and they ship UPS Ground to me in Upstate from the city, and I get it overnight). If I need something specific (e.g., I use 15x30's a bunch... but can't get them from Printique) I usually go to Bay.

IMHO, you should have no qualms ordering from any of these - you'll get a good print. Pick based on some of the other factors.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Cheers, Jerry

jfw's gear list:jfw's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow