Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 7,768
Re: Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

MAC wrote:

MAC wrote:

EDWARD ARTISTE wrote:

Just got a replacement m6mkii, keeping my fingers crossed. I encourage you to test the hell out of it.

ok, I'll keep testing during the return period

getting my bearings:

The camera generates HUGE files -- files close to 16x24 inch prints

The DLA (Diffraction Limited Aperture) for this camera is just F5.2 - but I will use up to F8 when I need dof

I really dislike that term.  The word "limit" implies a hard boundary where everything falls apart once crossed.  Diffraction Visible Aperture would be far more appropriate.  Diffraction is an optical phenomenon that occurs with every lens at every aperture.  The only thing that changes as sensors increase in pixel density is the ability to record that diffraction.  Even wide open, your 32mm f/1.4 has diffraction, but your M6 II lacks the resolution to record it.

Also, when Angle of View (AoV) and Depth of Field (DoF) are identical, diffraction levels will be the same across sensor sizes.  For example, shooting with your 32mm at f8 on your M6 II will produce the same levels of diffraction as shooting with a 50mm lens at f13 on your RP.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow