X-T30 focus peaking compared with other Fuji cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gairm New Member • Posts: 23
X-T30 focus peaking compared with other Fuji cameras

Have owned X-E2, X-T1 and currently have X-T3. Have had good results with them all using focus peaking. With the X-T30 i'm finding focus peaking is barely perceptible in the EVF. Even framing high contrast subjects there's barely any perceptible focus peaking. On lower contrast stuff, I can rarely see any sign of focus peaking at all. On the screen, it looks better.

My preference is for red peaking. Have tried other colours, with high and low settings, and red is the only one I can see at all clearly on the X-T30, no perceptible difference betwen high and low. I don't find the prism or split-image much use given how dark the overlay is on the focus area.

Have others compared the X-T30 with other Fuji cameras on this issue? I'm wondering if it's a known thing with the X-T30, or perhaps just an issue with this copy, as it was purchased used (from Wex in the UK who are generally very careful with inspections).

It's not a deal-breaker as the X-T30 is primarily to have a more compact camera for travel. But, would have been nice to have usable focus peaking.

Fujifilm X-T30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow