$1,500 Video camera, wireless mic, suggestions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Off The Mark Veteran Member • Posts: 5,087
Re: $1,500 Video camera, wireless mic, suggestions

JT Nous wrote:

With everyone's good advice I ordered:

1. Sony - Handycam AX53 4K Flash Memory Premium Camcorder - Black
  2. Rode Microphones Wireless GO II Compact Microphone System W/2x Rode Microphone

Total without tax $1,556.99

I should be able to post my first video on Facebook this weekend. Thanks again!

Looking forward to seeing the results.

It would be a good idea to invest in a pair of decent headphones. They don't have to be GREAT, but decent enough and they should reduce outside noise.

Uncle Dunc on this forum has suggested getting a decent pair of DJ headphones, and that might be a good place to look.

You might start learning a little bit about how to use / hide a lav mic. The Rode wireless GOs are kind of big, so I don't know if you will be able to "hide" them per se, but if you got them with the plug-in lav mics, then you might be able to do something.

Do you know much about basic lighting? Something simple like just using a white reflector or one of those five-in-one reflectors can be handy.

Anyway, let us know if you have any other questions, either technical or artistic.

-- hide signature --

What Middle School Is Really Like:
https://youtu.be/Q1Xtz5EqMuo

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow