Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,261
Re: Viltrox EF-EOS M adapter with my 55-250 stm

thunder storm wrote:

MAC wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

I understand that beep gives you a confident feeling, but it costs you a button you could use for something else. As long there's decent light there's no need for beeps and no need for one shot AF, save maybe heavy telephoto and/or pretty dark lenses.

I hate beeps by the way. Don't use it from the day I discovered there's a green dot in the viewfinder of my 70D. The M6II has better ways to confirm focus, as it also confirms WHERE it found focus, not just somewhere. That beep is disturbing sometimes. I don't do video, but if I would need focus confirmation beeps I need a headphone port or a bluetooth connection with airpods.

That's me. If you love beeps turn on those beeps. But it will cost you a button.

I hear you for video.

Please share your photo setup mapped buttons on the M6II

Leaving for holidays tomorrow. The battery is fully charged and I have only one. I can charge it in the car, but with a loaded car for a holiday trip there's not much space to have a camera laying around in a save way. I will have a look at it when I have time. Don't hesitate to PM me if I forget it.

Most customizing energy is going towards the R5, so don't know everything from memory for the M6II.

And any other tips you have in configuration of the m6II

I will use the M6II these holidays when doing short (nothing serious, it's also suitable for the kids) hiking trips. The constantly reevaluating of customization of buttons/dials and other settings will get a boost.

To be very very honest: I'm bringing my ef-m 15-45mm just to see what it can do for me. I will treat it as a constant f/7.1 aperture lens. My wife wanted to use the 70D all of a sudden these holidays, so there's no ef-s 15-85mm IS USM available for the M6II.... (she wants an optical viewfinder, and doesn't mind a bulky dslr.... Maybe I should buy her a used 6D so the 70D can be retired.... )

If the 15-45mm turns out to be truly garbage my daughter can use it on her M100 :-).

Thx

Cool!  Enjoy!

I solved my ND filter issue today and only having ss 1/4000 on the M6II -- it is called E-shutter up to ss 1/16,000 when at F1.4

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow