** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,564
Re: Doing What Beavers Do

SVJIM wrote:

In California they have found that beavers can be quite effective at restoring wet lands, particularly during drought periods.

In reality beavers are only destructive to the wishes of man.  They have a key roll in preserving wetlands.  My wife and I were backpacking on the Flattops in Colorado in 1985.  The Flattops is now a wilderness area - wasn't then.  Also then we were the only people up there.  The third night we were close to a pond.  I pulled out my fly rod and tried but the fish were better than me.  We had had fresh trout on the first two nights for dinner.  So I give up and lay back against my pack.  Then a head pops out of the water - a beaver.  It swims in circles - each coming closer and closer.  The old boy was trying to figure me out.  It got closer to the shore.  When I sit up he didn't seem to mind.  He swam around this large pound on the surface until we left to set up camp.

Also I found some of the best fishing for native brook trout in Colorado were below beaver ponds.

Beaver are not destructive to the environment.  Man is 1 million times more destructive than the beaver.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mar
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow