Is there any other way to trigger Focus Tracking other than touch-screen?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Niber Junior Member • Posts: 25
Is there any other way to trigger Focus Tracking other than touch-screen?

Focus Tracking is amazing for video, but the problem is it requires me to click the touch-screen. In my case I'm often taking selfie videos at a distance, so I'm not able to click the screen.

I'm not able to use the Imaging Edge App either, as it can't be run simultaneously to the RavenEye app (that I use to control the gimbal).

I guess my choices are:

1) The ideal would be to let the RavenEye/Ronin App say "focus track whatever I'm movement tracking", but I can't find ANY info on if this is supposed to be working. My wild guess is that A7C's focus tracking can't be controlled through USB so DJI can't implement this feature.

2) Buy another mobile phone. Use one for RavenEye (to aim the camera at me) and another for Imagine Edge App. But what a hassle. Also means I wouldn't be able to start recording from the gimbal record button any more.

3) Start tracking myself when I'm by the camera, and hope that I'm still tracked when I'm 30m away where I want to start the video. (it might not, if I click my jacket upclose it might focus on the zipper of my jacket, then when I'm 30m away my jacket shape looks so different)

4) Somehow set the A7C to start tracking whatever is in the center, when the video starts recording. But I don't think there's any such setting.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow