Dealing with Gas !!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,109
Dealing with Gas !!!

Greetings,

Gas is a sickness, one gets addicted to acquiring equipment they don't need. I'm the perfect example. I have more cameras and lenses than I need. Though I enjoy having and using  them, I still want more.

I have been craving for the Panny S5 since it was introduced. looking at it again, I try to be more logical in view from what I would gain from it. First I find that all Mirror-less  lenses are too expensive, so I wouldn't buy native lenses apart from the kit. I would use my EF lenses with a AF adapter. That would put me at around $2K.  My hesitation stems from what I read on the forums that the AF only works on certain EF lenses. (The ones I don't have)

The other system I was considering was the Nikon Z5. Again the ZF adapter only AF with the latest Nikkor lenses and mine are not the latest. There is also an an adapter for EF lenses but again it's the same story as with the F lenses and nothing else besides native lenses will AF. The cost would be fine for under $2K. I presently use a FF and APSC  DSLRs for my Nikkors.

What I should do is stick with what I've got, which is the Sony A7II. It focuses remarkably well with all my EF lenses, except the 100mm macro. For Nikkor and others the MF with focus peaking also works well. That would be the logical thing for me to do, but I'm not out of the woods yet, I'm trying using the faults I noted above.

I am not looking for advice, though I would welcome some. It is just trying to get things of my chest.

Thanks for reading!

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow