What would take for you to expand system to ML?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
I a n
I a n Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: What would take for you to expand system to ML?

I made this very decision not long ago. I could have picked up either a D850 or a Z7. I would have likely been pretty happy with a Z7 even though it was not quite up to D580 specs in a lot of ways. It was good enough for me - except for one thing: No support for focusing AFD lenses. One of the things I was really looking forward to in a new camera was the ability to automatically perform focus stacking. I had been doing it manually with my D700 and really wanted to let the next camera do the hard work for me. Sadly my 200mm AF micro lens would not allow this on a Z7 camera because of the sub par adapter.

I had no budget to replace both my D700 and the 200mm micro lens. So, no mirror-less for me. If I could AF my 200mm micro lens with the Z7 I absolutely would have made the switch.

I a n's gear list:I a n's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow