Slides from the 1930's

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,494
Re: Slides from the 1930's

photoholiko wrote:

They were originally mounted in glass, I opened them and mounted in slides.

My late father's slides are mounted in about half a dozen different mounts which is a pain with a projector so I'm going to remount them in Gepe mounts. Probably with glass although that's a pain of its own. Already did a few. It pained me to destroy the original Kodachrome cardboard frames but they are hopeless in a projector except perhaps his old Liesegang with a one by one feeding system. Unfortunately it seems bricked. So I'll preserve a few original mounts with less important slides and remount the rest. That includes the Agfacolor all glass mounts whose glue tends to unstick which results in the frames opening up and getting stuck in the projector. I suppose they are similar to the ones you are talking about.

They were made with Agfa film transparencies. I'm only guessing by his financial status that he used a Leica.

My father had a Contax D, early SLR with prism finder.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow