$1,500 Video camera, wireless mic, suggestions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JT Nous
OP JT Nous New Member • Posts: 8
Re: $1,500 Video camera, wireless mic, suggestions

hobbit mob wrote:

I second a camcorder, this one in particular - looks like it'll check your boxes. A rode wireless 2 set is $300 and comes with two mics. lav mics can be added for $50-100 each. If you only needed one, you'd just hit your budget before taxes. There are also similar, cheaper alternatives to the rode wireless go 2, that just seems to be the "lav setup of choice" for many semi-pro videographers.

For interviews, especially if it's just one talking head at a time, you might look at something like a tascam digital audio recorder with mic (around $170). If you need to record multiple people speaking, a shotgun mic on a boom might be a better choice, but you'll add quite a bit to cost (since you'll likely need another tripod with a boom arm [or a boom operator] for it to work well)

Excellent suggestions.  I especially like your mic suggestions and explanations. Very helpful and practical. You correctly assessed my knowledge and situation.

Thank You!

JT Nous's gear list:JT Nous's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P530 Nikon Z50
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow