Olympics photos -

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nct1596 New Member • Posts: 23
Olympics photos -

There's no denying that there some incredible photos coming out of the various sports of the Olympics.  Regardless of the brand of equipment used, the talent of the photographers is on display.

These photographers are closer to the action than any spectator would ever be and they are able to get certain angles and viewpoints that the average person would never have access to.  I think that's what makes some of the photos impressive.

The combination of high-end equipment cameras, and fast/long glass combine to create great images.  Something that most of us lust over.

I imagine that photographing, say gymnastics, for every one good/great photo there are hundreds/thousands that are not great - out of focus, not framed properly, some sort of poor lighting/shadow, etc...

Is it mainly spray and pray with some level of anticipation of what the athlete will do?  I find it hard to believe that the photographer shows up, takes one photo of a certain event and considers themselves done.

The question is, though, how much of the process of capturing the perfect photo is skill and how much is luck?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow