R6 interval timer issue.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarqOnyx New Member • Posts: 20
R6 interval timer issue.

Not sure I can explain this properly. But here it goes.

I just picked up a R6 and it is on firmware 1.4.  Last night I went out to do some astro photography.  I set the inverval timer to 1 sec for 15 shots.  I then set it to 2 second timer. The settings were ISO 4000, 15 sec exposure at 2.8. I hit the button and it went. But it only shot 2 photos then the timer shut off.  I then experimented with the same interval but continuous shooting.  Same result.

I then tried to add more time to the interval with 15 shots.  All it did was extended the time between shots. If I went above 10 seconds on the interval I noticed that the countdown on the display was skipping frames.  So it would start at 15 then go to 13 then 10. My last attempt was 99 shots at 2 seconds.  It took a total of 5 shots.  SO either I'm dumb and I don't understand or something is wrong.

Also I tried with and without LENR on and off. No difference.

Can anyone explain WT* is going on.  I have already ordered a canon TC-80N3. But I don't understand why the internal is not working.

Please ask any questions if I missed something.

Thanks

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow