Some pictures with RP plus RF 24-240

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sassan_n Forum Member • Posts: 78
Some pictures with RP plus RF 24-240

Today I took the RP + RF 24-240 with me to a small city not far from were I live and I must say the more I use this combo, the more I like it. I also have the RF 24-105 f4 and the R6. In regard to R6, every time I decide to take it with me, in the last minute I change my mind and take the RP. The reasons are that the RP is lighter and I love the output it produces during daytime. I even do some heavy processing and lift the shadows but still the results are great for me. But also some how I think that I don’t want to use the R6 for walking around so it remains like new and does not get bumped around. It is much more expensive but it is built from the same materials as the RP in my opinion - so it will catch scratches easily. The RP having more megapixels is also nice. So for a short trip during daytime the RP is more suitable in my opinion. I will use the R6 more in the low-light situations and also for events and action photography.

In regard to the 24-105 f4, it also produces fantastic results and I used it a lot as a walk-around lens last year in summer as I did not have the 24-240 at that time. But now, having used the 24-240 a couple of time, I can say that for me the results are just as good plus I have more reach. At 24mm I see a difference in favour of the 24-105 when comparing at pixel-level but it is nothing I would notice when looking at the pictures in a normal way. So the 24-105 f4 also remains at home most of the time for me.

I had a Lumix g9 plus the Olympus 12-100 f4 pro and I sold all my MFT stuff to help financing the Canon RF gear. But looking back at the photos which I took with the Olympus 12-100, I started to think that it was a mistake selling the g9 and the 12-100 because the results were so nice. I bought the 24-240 without much hope to get the same quality as with the Olympus lens. But it did not disappoint me and while I can not compare them scientifically, I can say that from my feeling the results are not worse and perhaps even better in some cases. The 12-100 had better build quality and was smaller and lighter, but the RF is better in low-light situations and I get better background separation with it.

Just wanted to share my thoughts. Here are some pictures I took today. I shoot them in RAW and processed in Lightroom

sassan_n's gear list:sassan_n's gear list
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Canon EOS M5 Nikon Z6 Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II +10 more
Canon EOS R6 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow