Am I thinking right about camera selection?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JamesNZL New Member • Posts: 5
Am I thinking right about camera selection?

I plan to make educational youtube videos about driving

vast majority of work will be video,

My only existing equipment is a single focus 4k DJI Osmo Action which has a 1.2/3 sensor. I find it fantastic for mounting options and stabilisation, but it has no zoom and I feel like I could do more with more control.

I want to zoom in to poorly illuminated wet roads and take good quality video of black tyres, but I also want to do a few close ups, some general shots and probably a few interviews too.

To avoid buying so many lenses I looked at cheap zooms like the FZ80/fz300 but I can see I'm going to be quickly disappointed in low light with those sensors and have focus hunting and quality issues. I probably only need 20-30x zoom anyway

I also don't have a massive budget and I want to be practical about what's important.

The things I 'think' are important are sensor size, lenses, lens options, resolution, capable autofocus but also ability to override and take control when necessary.

I'm most likely going to buy second hand ,hopefully benefit from "extras" like batteries, filters, bags ,lenses etc.

Full frame 4k with a massive bright zoom lens would be wonderful but I cant afford anything near that. So now I'm tossing up between the likes of the Sony RX10 which is a little expensive for me, or some of the Sony A6000 series. I thought sony series would be good for its video autofocus speeds and video quality.

What else should I be considering ?

Sony a6000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow