PentUp wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

PentUp wrote:

zakaria wrote:

DougOB wrote:

zakaria wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

RBIV wrote:

With FF, I hope Pentax can offer somewhat the same. The Nikon D780 is about the same size as a K3iii so it can be done.

The D780 is larger than the K-1.

I might be interested in a FF Pentax, if there was one that was the same size/weight as a K3 series DSLR

The K-1 isn't that big. Now, add a D FA* prime or two...

Alex

nice try mate, but the greater size and weight wasn’t the only reason that I had no interest in the K-1 series. The slow 4fps was a turnoff, the higher cost than sticking with ASP-C was also not attractive, the battery life of the K1 & K1ii compared to my K5ii was also a practical deterrent.

I never said people "should" go FF. I'm simply discussing how the FF's extra size is mostly determined by the lenses.

I didn't say you did. I was just saying why I didn't. It's all about me mate

And really, if you want to get the best of it - assuming the extra image quality is why you'd go FF - the difference is staggering.

Really?? I haven't noticed a staggering difference when viewing APS-C v FF photos. I will admit though, the difference between photographers can be staggering. With mine being on the lower end of that scale.

Alex

If you read it separately it might not make sense; but read it all at once and it should be clear I was talking about "the FF's extra size". I'm talking about D FA* primes and lenses like the D FA 150-450.

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow