Filter System for FE 12-24/2.8 GM?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Arcimboldo Regular Member • Posts: 481
Filter System for FE 12-24/2.8 GM?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a filter system for my FE 12-24/2.8 GM, that I would primarily use with ND filters, but towards the longer end also with a polarizer. I found the Haida, Kase, and NiSi systems but wonder about the pros and cons vs. each other:

• The NiSi S6 seems to to offer interesting more neutral polarizers in the 'Landscape' and 'Natural' filters, but you seem to have to use the holder. Also, for smaller lenses with, say, 77 mm diameter threads, it seems necessary you have to use both a 82 mm adapter and a step-down ring to 77 mm?
  • Both the Haida and the Kase system seem to allow round polarizers or NDs to be used directly with the adapter instead of using the complete holder setup? Also, they offer adapters for smaller diameter threads such as 77 mm. On the other hand, their polarizer technology does not seem to be as sophisticated as NiSi's? (I have to say that I do not like the color balance of the otherwise excellent B+W Käsemann high-transmission polarizers I use up to now, so the 'landscape' and 'natural' types offered by NiSi really sound promising to me.)

Does anyone have experience with one of these systems, or, even better, compared at least two of them? Which one would you recommend, and why? Thanks a lot!

Arcimboldo's gear list:Arcimboldo's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow