Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mongrel
Mongrel Senior Member • Posts: 1,527
Re: ISO 12800

R2D2 wrote:

Mongrel wrote:

At the risk of pulling MAC’s thread further off course…

What are you guys using with Deep Prime?

I have been using DPP4, ACDsee Pro, and the beta Gemstone RAW.

Tonight I downloaded the trial Deep Raw and was playing with that. Took the jpegs and DNGs into ACDsee to finalize. Seemed to work ok. That way. Files looked great, very impressed with ancient 20D files from stage plays I took way back.

I got used to using DPP4 “all the way” from RAW to jpeg….

Thanks, and sorry MAC

My fave RAW converter was DPP up until recently. It's kind of kludgy, but does a good job in the end. I've used quite a few other programs too (Adobe, C1, Luminar, Topaz, etc) but still liked DPP's results best.

Until DxO released Photolab 4 with its Deep Prime NR. The interface is a better fit to how I like to edit, and the colors are beautiful. Plus there's Deep Prime too.

Now I simply have no fear of high ISO's. Certainly, I always try to keep ISO as low as possible, so that I can maximize my exposures, but when I have to go high, I go there fearlessly.

R2

ps. I finalize in Photoshop.

THANKS R2….

Right now I am just using the deep prime stand alone. I may take a look at Photolab 4 as a package.

I’ve made some mistakes lately buying software that I am not even using (cataloguing software Breezebrowser and Photoethica). If I hadn’t spent that I would be in a better position to jump on Photolab 4 if you guys recommend it…

Thanks for the help.

ps-still thinking about that M6-2! Lol

-- hide signature --

Mongrel…”The Incredible Invisible Dog!”

Mongrel's gear list:Mongrel's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS M50 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow