Which is better for macro?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Yannis1976
OP Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,927
Re: What does Yannis1976 Think?

Bassam Guy wrote:

Yannis1976 wrote:

I am looking for an Olympus m43 body to combine it with the fantastic 60mm macro. I am interested in good ibis and possibly in camera stacking if it works well.

I am mainly looking for the 20mp bodies such as the M1/II and M5/III, depending on which I will find used at a better price. Later I might combine it with the 12-100 or 12-200 for a hiking camera.

Any reason why I should prefer the one over the other?

Thanks

Well, Yannis, you have some good responses to your question. Interesting side conversation about WR vs Non-WR, E-M5 III's "weak" tripod socket (with PD clips), and more.

What do you think?

Honestly I prefer the EM5 due to its smaller size and weight. I agree that the M1 might the better built camera but for my main camera, I already have the XT3.

On the other hand the EM5 represents what m43 should be all along, small, light but very capable.  And if I use it to more than macro later and need a better grip, I can always add the Olympus extra grip.

So right now I am looking for a used EM5 and a 60mm/2.8 at a reasonable price. It will probably take me some time...

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow