Interval Timer Shooting

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pthomsen Forum Member • Posts: 52
Interval Timer Shooting

I've had my Z5 for about 2 months now, and I'm really happy with it. A huge upgrade from my old D610!

I shoot a lot of timelapses, and I'm experimenting with some more artsy ideas, which require that I shoot a lot of images; like 5 or 6,000 per timelapse. I seem to be running into some issues with the internal intervalometer:

If I set it to shoot, say 6,000 shots with a 1s interval, and I leave it to do its thing, I only get 2,120 shots. I've tried this twice now, and it happened both times.

I have 256G Lexar Professional SD cards, which should be able to hold 6k shots easily (6,000 x 30MB = 180,000MB ~ 176GB).

I have also set the timelapse movie option on. Don't know if that has anything to do with this problem.

Finally, I am confused about the 'Number of shots' setting. I can't set it to anything higher than 6,893 shots. Could that be because the largest possible NEF file in the Z5 is ~37MB? (256GB / 6,893).

If anyone knows what is going on, I would appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks in advance!

pthomsen's gear list:pthomsen's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D5500 Nikon D3400 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II +8 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow