Panny G1 all sticky now

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brick_Shooter_Pro Regular Member • Posts: 358
Panny G1 all sticky now

Has anyone encountered this with their G1 bodies?

I've stored my G1, G5, G6 in the same shoulder bag.  It has been a year since I've used them.  Been using my GX8 and G9 instead.  I decided to take the out for a spin and to my surprised my G1 body is now sticky like gum.  Upon closer examination, it appears that the rubber part of the body has degraded and the rubber is now sticky.  I can scratch the goo with my finger tips and it would leave track marks suggesting that the material has turned into a goo like material.  I checked my G5 and G6 and they were normal.

The fact that all three were stored in the same bag, the bag had no other items and the bag was completely normal, nothing else was sticky aside from the G1.  the lens attached to it was normal.  The interior of the compartment and dividers were normal.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow