new options / new deliberations

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cyanhue Regular Member • Posts: 179
new options / new deliberations

I was sort of waiting for some additional confirmation (at least 2 of the Major review aren't up yet) before ordering the new K3. So far it looks good , but is on the expensive side.
till recently I was only familiar with 1 purchasing option - Body only (there was also a combo with the grip, but I don't think I'll need the grip).
now there are kit bundles available at B&H and  other places.
this introduces 2 new interesting options:
1.  new K3 + 55-300PLM - which everyone so far has said is a great combo
2.  new K3 + 70-210 f4  - which has also gotten some good reviews
there is a small discount to the lens when buying as a kit.
these are both newer lenses and should work great on the new K3 (all my current lenses are screwdrive , so this is a real plus). but I have this range pretty well covered in terms of focal lenghs with :
Pentax DA55-300 (original ver), Pentax FA135 F2.8, Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro , Tamron 27-75 F2.8 and takumar 200mm and 300mm primes. so I have a difficult time justifying the additional purchase (if I get the 55-300 it will replace my existing lens which will need to be sold).
really unsure what to do at this point.

cyanhue's gear list:cyanhue's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow