How many copies of a lens do you go through before you give up?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Devouredsouls123 Regular Member • Posts: 221
How many copies of a lens do you go through before you give up?

I’ve been trying to get a good 35mm 1.4 GM lens for the past month or so. I had two copies from one store, and now two copies from another. The first store it looked like someone sneezed inside the rear element. There were shiny spots COVERING the inside of the glass. The first one also had a large piece of debris dead center of the lens which showed in highlights. Second store. First one had a rather large scratch under the rear glass in an oval shape. Not quite a full oval. I didn’t even test that lens. Just received the new copy and this ones rear element looks good aside from a SMALL and I mean small (Maybe a cm) scratch under the rear glass. I tested it and it doesn’t show in highlights or anything. Should I just keep it or give up and go with something else. I thought I was having issues with sigma quality control but this is horrible. I had issues with an 85mm gm I purchased having cleaning marks under the front element as well as long scratches. All under the glass. I’m starting to wonder if it’s just my crap luck.

Devouredsouls123's gear list:Devouredsouls123's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow