Adapting vintage lenses; are these worth adapting? Advice and suggestions, please.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UncleMo Forum Member • Posts: 53
Adapting vintage lenses; are these worth adapting? Advice and suggestions, please.

I've been thinking about adapting some lenses I have from my 35mm film cameras. I'm looking for advice and opinions. Are these worth adapting for my Panny GX85? Any hints, opinions or suggestions are welcome.

I've got the following:

For Minolta Rokker mount:

MD 50/f 1.7 Rokker X

MD 28/f2.8

MD Tele 135/f2.8 Rokker X

Toyo TC 2X

For Nikon F mount:

Nikon 50/f1.8 E Series

Nikkor 35-70/f3.3-4.5 AF

Vivitar 80-200/f4.5

I'm thinking that for very little money for a couple of adaptors, I could have several additional lenses. But are they worth adapting? Will the IQ be worth the effort?

I'm guessing that the 80-200 is the not worth adapting, if only for the weight, but I'm looking for input on how/whether to proceed, fun factor not withstanding.

TIA

I originally posted this on the MFT board, seeking input from users of the same class of cameras that I have. Posting here as well, seeking input from folks who have used adapter lenses frequently.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow