Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,449
Re: Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

thunder storm wrote:

MAC wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

Mongrel wrote:

EDWARD ARTISTE wrote:

M50 - image quality was all over the place, ridiculous noise at low iso…..

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, but it can be a bit on the noisy side....

Interesting observation. I have been shooting a refurb M50 for a couple months now. Outdoors in good light it rivals some of the best images I’ve ever taken (or seen).

In good light it's great, but that's true for a lot of cameras.

I have used it for three indoor events with my 580EX speed light and good lenses and the pics look like mush. Like no matter what I do they look about on par my with my twenty year old 20D…

I think my SL1 sensor may actually be better for event usage.

The trick is you shouldn't set the ISO any higher than 200. With a big bouncing speed light and a large aperture lens ( I prefer the sigma 18-35mm f/1.8) for the AF you can still make good pictures.

If it's not possible to do bouncing you're hitting the limits of the system.

radio triggers and off camera Speedlight's if you can't bounce as I've shown in the beagle example in this thread

Not flexible enough for my shooting, but it's an option.

with off camera lights you can control and avoid those awful flash shadows when no wall to bounce.

The M50 is a good camera with nice colors, but it's not made for high ISO values.

keeping my m6II at near base iso is an objective I've set also. above iso 1600 I'll be using my RP

I don't like to go beyond 400. With a 15-15mm it probably doesn't matter al that much, but with the good glass the difference is noticeable.

Depends on if you are going for closeups and eye sharpness

zoomed out, iso 1600 with software corrections is fine

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow